Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Share The Love

Thank God. Valentine's Day has finally passed. As if I don't have enough things during the day to remind me that I'm single - I need LOVE shoved in my face all day.

The one thing that did brighten up my day was actually something that I did for someone else.
The Christian Fellowship on campus was giving out free carnation flowers with little love letters from Jesus attached to them (with scripture verses, etc). When I got into one of my classes, there was a flower sitting there that someone had left. Well I wasn't about to use it or bring it around campus with me, so I waited till the end of the lecture and brought it to the front of the room. I then gave it to my professor, who is this little Indian woman (with that red dot on her forehead). "Here you go. I noticed you didn't have any flowers so I thought I'd give you one. Happy Valentines Day."

I thought that was pretty creative and it put a huge smile on her face. "Oh thank you so much! It's beautiful!" I really should've told her my name so she would remember my kindness when it came time for grading. Oh well.

So I suppose if there isn't any real reason to be happy at the moment, do something for someone else to make them happy, and in turn, you will be happy too. That sounds like a long confusing proverb or something.

I thought of a cool little metafore/analogy on my way home from school today but I dont feel like talking about it right now. I will reveal this nugget of wisdom at a later time. I'm wiped out. Time to go to bed and wake up tomorrow exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts here!