Here it is. Joe's first blog. This is actually quite intimidating. I feel like this should be some great declaration with reasons to justify my need for internet posting... but it's not. I really have no other reason to post blogs other than to try and work out the jumbled sentences that are floating in my head all day long.
Notice the URL of my blog site: my-digital-therapy
I used to have a small little notepad in my senior year of high school that I used to keep for random thoughts I had. I was more proud of that little notepad and the stuff I had come up with than all the actual schoolwork I did that year. For several years I just wrote whenever I felt like it and showed it to no one. It was my little journal full of letters to God, lyrics to songs, poems, etc.
A year or so after I graduated, I decided to pull it out and read some of it to Jenelle. This was pretty hard because some of the deepest conversations I had ever had (with myself or to God) were written on that pad. We had a good night reading through some of my random thoughts from senior year: some funny, some sad, and some just outright weird. I stuck it back in my pocket that night and went home. Several days later, my mother opened the drier and discovered little soggy shreds of paper all over the wash. The only writing that I was ever "proud" of was reduced to two rectangular pieces of plastic held together by some mangled spiral wire.
Needless to say, I was pretty devastated that night and I havent really written too much since then. I guess this is my attempt to revive the spirit of that little blue notepad. I guess I just need to write whats on my heart again.
(I guess that turned out to be an ok intro to my new blog. Phew.... I'm so relieved now)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know your thoughts here!