Friday, March 27, 2009

A New Spring Resolution

Now that spring is in the air, its time to slowly take out the shorts and t-shirts again and eventually get ready to spend some time on the beach.  The only problem is that I have spent many months sitting around eating comfort food at the apartment, giant steak dinners on the road… and maybe a beer or two.

So I’ve finally joined my local gym.  I’d like to say I’m being proactive before the summer gets here, but the truth is I’ve been meaning to sign up for the gym back in January.  Well I hate fads and really didn’t want to be one of those “resolutioners” who sets goals after New Years to only give up a few months later.  So I guess March is a safe enough distance from January where I can’t be grouped with the “resolutioners”, but instead they can watch me as I look like I’m about to pass out on the treadmill after 3/4 mile.

I’m not gonna lie – this week has been rough.  Dave and I started out with a mile jog and then did a bicep/tricep workout to shock the muscles back into shape.  I expected how sore I would be after I got home, and even knew my arms would hurt in the morning, but I did not expect that I wouldn’t be able to fully straighten my right arm for the rest of the week.  I must have pulled my right bicep because today is the first time I’ve been able to fully extend my arm without writhing in pain.  I guess I should’ve gone a little bit easier for my first time back.

The first few weeks back are always the hardest when the muscles are “waking up” again after a dormant winter.  Looking forward to getting back into a healthier lifestyle with both my diet and physical activity.  Can’t wait for summer to get here!

 

j0408873[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts here!