Friday, June 27, 2008

My Monopoly Money

So I just figured out how to explain the experience of getting paid on a monthly basis.

We've all played Monopoly before, even if the thought of beginning this never-ending game is about as tempting as brushing your teeth with a grill brush.

Each month I feel like I am going around this board, with no care in the world going past pathetic properties like Baltic Ave and Electric Company. However, by the time I reach the last stretch of properties, I've already had to cough up some money to pay rent for St. James Place and Illinois Ave, and apparently the honor of being elected chairman of the board means I need to dish out $50 to each player. To make things worse, another player has just completed their monopoly of Park Place and Boardwalk.

At this time of the month I have my eyes set on the GO square, anxiously awaiting when I'll get another $200 to make it around the board once again. I'm almost there!

Man I should start playing the lottery - maybe I'll hit FREE PARKING one of these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts here!