Thursday, June 5, 2008

Giving back corporately

Here is a suggestion I just submitted to some of the upper-level management at Meditech. Tell me what you think:

Several weeks ago I thought how I have become spoiled when I travel having $60 a day for meals. When I see all the people suffering in other nations from natural disasters or poverty, I wish there was some way of giving some of my food money towards these people.

I am not suggesting that we lower the $60 food allowance, but I was hoping that we could establish a "reward" for spending less on our meals while we travel. I suggest that if we submit $25 or less for each day in our expense reports, that Meditech will give $5 towards a charity that supports the global food problem we are facing.

I think this will benefit Meditech, its employees, and most importantly the people who will receive aid. Meditech will be saving money by only having to pay out $30 a day as opposed to the maximum of $60. I think a lot of people would appreciate this opportunity to be a little less selfish and focus on what we can give back to those around us.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That is an awesome idea. Good for you, Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work joe.... its good to poke the sleeping bear (your upper management) sometimes and see what happens! Hopefully they see the value and benefit in what you're saying. I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts here!