No the title is not a mistake. Its simply a clever play on words about the new website that I recently discovered and have been playing around with. For the last few months I’ve been thinking of a better way to connect family members other than email. It just becomes a long thread of replies that gets messy and is easy to lost in the clutter a few weeks later. So I came across this website that actually lets you build your own social networking website.
The benefit to using this over the traditional Facebook or Myspace is that this online “community” can be customized with different features, and its limited only to the users that we invite. It has all the same features like posting photos, writing on a person’s profile wall, setting up events, etc. I really think that this customized feel will make family members feel more comfortable than they might on a traditional large scale social networking site.
I sent out an invite to most of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. So far only the cousins have signed up (the more tech savvy generation), so hopefully the Baby Boomer generation will get the hang of things soon. Once it gets off the ground, it should be fun! So in a sense, its “just the beginning”.
Here’s a screenshot so far:
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know your thoughts here!