Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New Blooms

On my way to work this morning, I was just amazed at the beauty of spring and the warmer weather. My attitude towards life dramatically improves during this time of year because I actually enjoy the outdoors.

Which got me thinking... why is Spring such a beautiful, refreshing time of year? Also, why would God give us cold, dead, and barren winters to go through (at least us New Englanders)? What if the weather was like this all year around? Would early Spring loose its splendor?

I suppose this is some sort of parallel to life in general. At least thats what I came up with...

The "winter" of our lives may be there in order to really contrast the "springs" we experience. Maybe God gives us valleys to appreciate the majesty of the mountains. Maybe He lets us grow old to see the miracle of a new life.

Thank you God for the cold of winter that makes the new blooms of spring all the more breathtaking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts here!