Here's another thing that really grinds my gears:
The overuse of "haha" and "lol" during AIM conversations.
Seriously people... If you are going to use either one of these comments it means that in a normal conversation you would either start chuckling at a comment or be dying laughing. When I tell you that I have no plans for the weekend, please don't respond with "lol". Unless you really find it so hilarious that I have not planned out my weekend and don't have much of a social life. That I would completely understand.
The reason I bring this up is I am currently talking to someone online that uses "lol" like a freshman student in his public speaking class uses the word "umm". We are both going to be visiting the same hospital for Meditech next week and are discussing traveling and luggage. Here's one example of some humor that i'm missing out on so far regarding checking bags:
me:"i havent checked a bag the last 6 or 7 times i've flown"
person:"everyone I talked to checks a bag"
person:"lol"
That really cracks you up? Really? I must not have a sense of humor I guess....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know your thoughts here!