Brad Avery is leaving Third Day.
That is right... The great guitarist at stage right with a humongous mouth (second only to Steven Tyler) is parting ways with one of the best bands in Christian music. Not only did he rock when he first cranked out his guitar solo in "Consuming Fire" in 1995, but he has continued to bring raw energy to their recordings and live shows for the last 13 years.
From what I have read so far, there is no definite reason why he is leaving the band. He and his wife did adopt a baby from China over the summer and I know that he already has several other children with his wife. I knew it was only a matter of time till one of the guys decided to call it quits and take time with their family. I don't want to say "told ya so" but I also kinda figured that he may be the one to leave, being the most different from the other guys.
I'm going to one of their shows in Albany, NY in April, but things will not be the same without Brad there. I can no longer make fun of how he "mouths" the sounds that are really coming from his guitar distortion and will be forced to direct more of my criticism to pointing out how Mark Lee is one of the more unattractive rock stars I have ever seen. Now that I think of it, last time I saw Third Day live Brad was also missing while he was in China adopting his baby.
As sad as this is, I realize that his family is a priority, not rock and roll. I would like to thank him for all that he has contributed to such an amazing band. They may try to replace Brad but they never will.
Best of luck Brad! You'll be missed...
He will be missed for sure! I also would like to hear Mark's comments on Brad leaving.
ReplyDelete