Friday, November 2, 2007

Dear Pop

For all the times growing up that I swore I'd never be like my Dad:

Thanks for always giving me your best advice even when you know that I don't want to hear it and may not agree. Thank you for not majoring in the minors (most of the time) and for thinking about how things will play out in the long run. Thanks for always being very approachable and never putting me down when I've messed up or have asked a stupid question. I know that I can ask you anything, even if its awkward for a father and son to talk "heart to heart."

I'm out of school now, just started a new job, and will soon be living in an apartment in a totally new area to me. You (and Mom) have been very encouraging to me and helped out in every way. More than ever, as things have been radically changing, I realize that you are not only a great resource to me. As I become an adult, you are also becoming a good friend.



Ok I can hear the symphony reaching the crescendo to a tear-jerking arrangement right now so I gotta stop all this sappy confessing. I hope I can come up with this sort of stuff next year for my father's day card I give...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts here!