Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Mmmmaaan.... you are one pathetic loser!

I have this theory that in almost any situation you find yourself in, there is probably a good quote from my favorite comedy Dumb and Dumber that could apply to the situation. Today was no exception to this theory - however this time it wasnt funny. I was both Dumb and Dumber. I know you're dying to hear - Joe, how were you dumb today? any more than you usually are? I will tell you.

I was working in the office, just doing my computer thing. I noticed a girl on the other side of the partition who started asking around if we could help her wipe out and rebuild her computer. She was a student, so our policy is that we cannot work on student machines, just faculty and staff. She then asked if we knew of a place she could go to get her computer worked on. By this point, instead of just barely peeking over the partition, I stood up and low and behold, there was one of the most beautiful girls that has walked in our office before. We see our share of older faculty members come in with problems, so a gorgeous female student took me by suprise.

So you wanna hear the Dumb and Dumber moment??? Of course you do...

I then said "well we cant work on your computer in here, but sometimes some students in the office do some computer work on the side. i know shannon does that kind of work if you want to ask her..." She then proceeded to ask my boss about a place in town that could work on her computer. Just as she was about to leave - the quote came into my head....

"Do you realize what you've DONE!!"

By this time it was too late. I had blown it... The final scene from the movie played in my head: Harry and Loyd are hitch-hiking on the side of the road when a huge tour bus full of bikini models stops and asks for "two lucky boys who can oil us up before each competition." Loyd then says "you know what - you are in luck.... there's a town about 5 miles that way - i'm sure you'll find some great guys there."

So thats it. I've been kicking myself all day long. I should've said I could do it for her, but I chickened out. I would've done it for real cheap. In return I could have only asked for a date - i would even pay! Oh well. I blew it. I now hold my head in shame.

"Don't worry Loyd, we'll catch our break... just gotta keep our eyes open, thats all."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts here!