Thursday, April 13, 2006

Back By Popular Demand...

"What is going in Joe's life" you ask? Well nothing too much different than last time you checked on me. "How is the band going?" you might be wondering. It's so nice of you to ask!

Well we all met this past Tuesday night, and practiced for probably 2 hours. Let me tell you, playing my guitar plugged into a sound system and along with about 4 or 5 other musicians is much different than just sitting on my bed trying to nail "Stairway to Heaven" at my own pace.

It was a very good experience, and hopefully I will only become more comfortable in that sort of environment. I dont know much of the technical aspects of music theory, but I think I was able to put in my 2 cents while we played and we all seemed to have a good time. It was good to see Jeff Lindberg totally rock out on his electric guitar, because I know he feels so crippled up there on Sunday mornings.

Overall it was just good to play along with everyone, but after we played back the recording what we practiced, it was easy to hear that we still have a looong way to go. Oh well, we aren't looking for a record deal anytime soon. Although Heather got some pretty sweet "rockstar" clothes just in case we do ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts here!