Alright so people that know me will know that I am fairly conservative politically. I did not vote for Obama because I feared his idea of "change" really sounded more like "socialism" to me. Turns out that's exactly the direction his administration is going, with the full support of the Democratic majority in Congress.
The most disturbing development in the idolizing of Obama as our national savior is his recent win of the Nobel Peace Prize. I'm not going to go off on why this is so ridiculous, because there is already plenty of critical reaction out there if you are looking to read that. Now I understand that Republicans and Independents are very concerned about Obama getting nominated only several weeks after he took the oath of office. I just don't see how even Democrats can give any concrete examples of his contributions to world peace so far.
Here is my question: Do big Obama supporters really think he deserves this award? I honestly want to know if there is anyone out there that really believes he has achieved great strides in bringing peace to this world?
I don't want this to become a place where other conservatives simply rant on how they hate Obama - I'm asking any people that are Obama supporters!
How's it going Ash? Well, now I do agree that maybe this award should have been more thought out, but I think he got this award for what he is trying to do, which is "World" peace. So instead of all the critics commenting about his award just think about what he is trying to do for the world. World peace means no more or less wars. Isn't that a good thing? People just like to bring people down. And, Obama's job isn't finished yet. Honestly, Republicans and people who don't support Obama's mission, it is expected that everything he gets, does, or says is under so much criticism. At the end of the day Obama could careless if some people think he deserves it or not. He remains humble.
ReplyDeleteThere is a lot of people out there that are trying to achieve world peace out there, many of which have all ready received the Nobel Peace Prize for their contribution. The three other presidents who also received the prize did so for their contributions to peace. Theodore Roosevelt was a mediator for the Russo-Japanese war, Woodrow Wilson for starting the League of Nations which was the foundation for the United Nations, and Jimmy Carter who received the award after his term as president for the humanitarian policies he enacted during his administration. President Obama is still new into his presidency. I would agree with the Nobel Committee if there was action behind his words, but to bestow this honor would behind words would not honor the spirit of the prize.
ReplyDelete