I usually try to minimize time spent in airports - usually any wasted time is spent at the gate waiting for delayed flights. In the Little Rock airport, however, I have spent several hours hanging out at the Starbucks near baggage claim (on two separate occasions in the last year). Today I tried to make it here 3 hours earlier than my scheduled flight so see if I could catch an earlier departure back to Boston, but no such luck. So here I am stuck around the baggage claim area for now.
In my short time here its been great to people watch, especially those that are waiting for friends/family. Its hard for me not to guess if its a husband, a child, or grandmother thats going to come down the elevator with a huge goofy grin on their face while their driver-in-waiting runs to give them a hug. I admit its hard not to smile when I see a little kid run up to Mommy who just got back from her business trip.
Traveling is a little different for me. I drive myself to/from the airport. I descend elevators with a straight face. I usually get back to my apartment with very little drama and just go to bed. But sitting here today has got me a little jealous of all these joy-filled reunions all around me. Why can't I have a beautiful girl waiting for me when I arrive home from my business trips? I suppose this makes it much easier for me to leave MA in the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know your thoughts here!