Monday, November 3, 2008

What Is and What Should Never Be

Ok, so I just wanted an excuse to use a Led Zeppelin song as a title for this post.

But really I'm just thinking ahead to what will happen when either of the presidential candidates is elected on Tuesday. My support is behind John McCain, not because I am 100% enthusiastic about his views or promises, but because we all know who he is and stands for what he thinks is right, not what might get him into office. He is a moderate conservative who believes in smaller government, and that is something I support. I agree with much of Palin's conservative family values, but do agree that her lack of experience is somewhat of a concern.

I am curious how this nation would react if McCain wins Tuesday's election. No doubt the liberal media and entertainment industry would continue to flood the airwaves with even more right-wing bashing and criticism. Over the course of the next four years I think that things would start to look up with our economy and hopefully the Iraq War would have an end in sight.

I cannot support Barack Obama because he is simply capitalizing on the overwhelmingly negative opinions of George W. Bush and campaigning for "change". There is no doubt that this country is in need of some real changes, but where will that change take us? History has shown that in times of great desperation, people have embraced radical change, only to find themselves in bondage to such radical changes. Germany embraced the great orator Adolf Hitler to change their nation. America was desparate for change during the Great Depression when F.D.R. came in and broadened the scope of the national government to be more invovled in the private sector than ever before.

If Obama is elected (which it looks like he probably will be), then there is no doubt that the media will sing his praises. I agree with a friend who at one point said "if Obama is elected, what will the media have to complain about any more?" I am frightened by the promises he is making the American people and the drastic changes that I believe he will begin to make with the full support of our Democratic-ruled Congress. His ideas of redistributing wealth is socialistic in nature and would disturb the very rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Either way I am nervous about what has been called one of the most important elections in decades. This is a critical time in our nation and to think of what is, makes me cringe at those things that could be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts here!