Many times I have pondered what makes something funny. Why are certain comedians hillarious?? Sometimes its because there is a funny punchline to a joke or they even talk funny. However I think I have realized that the funniest things are really the common things that we have all experienced. We have all seen/felt/thought/heard/experienced this thing before, but when somebody brings it up, we get a good chuckle from it.
I'm gonna use Dane Cook as an example simply because I recently saw some clips on YouTube. His funniest material is full of "we always do _______ Right?" We know its true that when people start coming into our lane we start to go "uuh... hello?!" This is so funny because its so true. And yes we are all terrified of leaving our shopping cart unattended in the grocery store (even if you dont have a purse in there)... as if someone is going to come up to it and be like "awesome! these are the exact things that i wanted!" yaank!
I am having a hard time coming up with better examples but I think you know what I mean. Human behavior is very humorous when you stop to take a look at it. Some of the best comedians are really just great observers that make us all look ridiculous. This is not the only secret, but it is definitely one of the best forms of comedy.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know your thoughts here!