Saturday, August 12, 2006

Soulfest '06

So last weekend I went to Soulfest - a 5 day festival of practically every Christian band held at Gunstock Mountain in NH. I went up with Joe Yates from work and stayed with Dave, Heather, and the boys Friday, Saturday, and half of Sunday. After a rather "exciting" trip up to NH, we finally made it up to our campsite and had a really good time. Here are just a few of the pictures I took if you'd like to take a look at them.

Driving the back roads of NH around Lake Winnipesaukee with the moonroof open and a cigar in my mouth --- perfect.











Ben always loves to "drive" my car and bend my sunglasses












Kutless put on an awesome show - I am now a huge fan of their stuff












Chris Tomlin sounded amazing as always. This was the 3rd time I've heard him live and he never dissapoints. He is such an amazing musician and does such a great job working the crowd.









Of course, being the biggest Third Day fan in New England, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing those guys rock out Gunstock. Mac kept grabbing cameras to take pictures for people and grabbed a hat from this guy that he wore around the stage. Although the sound mix was relatively poor compared to other shows I've seen them at, they still did such a good job at drawing in the crowd and totally rockin our socks off. Too bad I barely had any energy left when they were playing - I had already been standing for over 4 hours and singing my heart out to Kutless and Tomlin.

Sunday morning we took the chairlift up to the top of the mountain. The view was gorgeous and such a contrast from when I am usually up there in the winter snowboarding and everything is white. I love this shot of Jacob - he was such a trooper goin up the ski-lift, even though he wanted to turn around halfway up :)








































As we were coming down, Casting Crowns was playing on stage. It was incredibly hot out, but they played such a good show. I love how they're just a bunch of down-to-earth youth group leaders that have such a huge heart for the church.





There are tons more photos that I took but those are the "highlight pics" for a little photo journal for anyone to enjoy. I had a blast and cant wait to do it again next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts here!