Yeeehaaa! Well not sure how many of you know about my housing situation I was trying to figure out for the past few months. I'll try to give a quick summary of whats happened.
Basically, I wanted to get into one of the new apartments for my senior year. However, Umass Douchebag decided they were going to shut down an entire dorm building, forcing students to be stuck in forced doubles in some of the new apartments. So not only did I have the lowest priority on the housing list because I'm a commuter, but of course the only apartments left would be a forced double with another guy I don't know at all.
Needless to say, I was about to sign up for one of these terrible apartment setups because I just wanted to get on campus and I could change later. BUT.... I heard from Alexi that her friend Jim (I know him from the Christian fellowship) had already picked an apartment with 2 other guys I know, but decided he wasn't coming back next year. Hmmm... interesting! So me and Jim went to the housing office to see if I could get assigned to the apartment he was backing out of.
At first the lady was really stubborn and said that there was no way she could do that. I asked her what would be done with the room since he wasn't coming back and she said "well we're gonna assign it to somebody else". that, of course, doesn't make sense because anyone else who had preference over me had already picked their room! so after several minutes of reasoning with this woman, she finally said that she would assign me to his room once he was released from his housing contract.
So I got a call from this woman yesterday with some very good news: "ok joe, i've assigned you to that apartment room and you're all set". Woop-dee-doo! OK maybe that wasnt a very short summary, but needless to say, I'm pretty excited that it worked out because there was a very slim chance that it would.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know your thoughts here!